Posted June 03
Uncommon Goods is not your average retailer. We're a certified B Corporation and we hold ourselves to a higher standard of social responsibility.
UncommonGoods is a fun, fast-paced e-commerce and catalog retailer offering creatively designed, high-quality merchandise. Our team consists of friendly, hard-working, big thinking people who have a strong entrepreneurial spirit. Located in Brooklyn, NY, we are also a founding member of B Corporation, a carefully screened network of socially responsible businesses.
We’re looking for a passionate Data Analyst that can rigorously analyze data and translate it into actionable insight that informs product, marketing, and business decisions. The ideal candidate has proven quantitative skills, strong attention to detail, and is eager to experiment with big data.
Transform raw data into impactful analysis that influences company strategy Partner with Product and Marketing team to shed light on user experience, areas of opportunity, and drive decision making Work collaboratively with Merchants to merchandise catalogs, emails, and our website Develop dashboards and/or reports to track performance of products, identify key metrics, and perform statistical analyses of A/B testing and other experiments Identify and interpret trends in big data sets Develop and implement strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality Customer Analysis; identify how we can maximize customer lifetime value and repurchase rate Utilize business analytics to forecast seasonal trends and marketing plans
- Bachelor’s/Master’s in quantitative or related field preferred (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, etc.)
- 1-3 years of experience extracting meaning from big data sets
- Proficient in SQL and either Python or R, or other programming language
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and projects with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated with the ability to perform in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Excellent ability to communicate insights verbally, visually, and in writing
- Strong attention to detail
- Innovative and enjoy collaborating with fellow team members
- Data visualization is a big plus, but not required
Benefits & Company Perks:
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package, including health and dental insurance
- Stock options
- Casual work atmosphere
- 40% discount on products we sell
- Monthly company snacks, lunches and team events
How to Apply
Help us keep GoodJobs up-to-date. Contact us if it looks like this job is no longer accepting applications.