Posted June 13
At Success Academy, we are redefining what’s possible in public education.
At Success Academy, we are redefining what’s possible in public education. Since opening our first school in Harlem in 2006, we have swiftly grown to 34 high-performing schools, from Bed-Stuy to the Bronx, serving approximately 11,000 kids. We are scaling to 100 great schools serving 50,000 children across New York City, bringing transformational change here and across the country. We believe all children, regardless of zip code or family income, deserve the life-changing opportunities that a world-class education brings.
As a UX/UI Designer, you identify as both an Information Architect and Interaction Designer. You will be responsible for assisting with the development of the visual designs and IA documentation (visual designs, wireframes, prototypes, design briefs, flow diagrams, etc.). S/he should have varied experience that includes being able to take concepts from the whiteboard to wireframes to high-fidelity design prototypes, and thrives when helping to define the requirements, not just translating them into designs.
The UX/UI Designer will have the opportunity to work with an energetic, growing team of software developers, data scientists, product managers, business analysts and more. S/he takes pride in having a complete software design toolkit, and should be someone who…
- Has a minimum of 2 years of experience working on websites and applications;
- Possesses meticulous attention to detail, and can quickly turn around rigorous wireframes and mockups in an iterative environment;
- Has the ability to generate multiple UX solutions for a given problem, with a strong awareness of common usability methods and principles;
- Can specify functionality, navigation, user flows, and taxonomy through wireframes while using clear, concise, natural language;
- Is an advocate for interface simplicity and a high-level of usability, with a clean sense of design aesthetics; and
- Has the ability to work proactively and independently, with a “can-do” attitude.
Nice to have:
- Experience within an Agile Environment
- Experience within the educational sector
- Experience creating user testing plans and analyzing test feedback
- Prototyping (ie. Keynote, Axure, etc.)
- Basic HTML, CSS
How to Apply
Apply here: http://jobs.successacademies.org/job/6379307/ux-ui-designer-new-york-ny/
To join our team, please upload a cover letter, resume and portfolio that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without portfolios will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Help us keep GoodJobs up-to-date. Contact us if it looks like this job is no longer accepting applications.