Posted May 05
At Success Academy, we are redefining what’s possible in public education.
At Success Academy, we are redefining what’s possible in public education. Since opening our first school in Harlem in 2006, we have swiftly grown to 34 high-performing schools, from Bed-Stuy to the Bronx, serving approximately 11,000 kids. We are scaling to 100 great schools serving 50,000 children across New York City, bringing transformational change here and across the country. We believe all children, regardless of zip code or family income, deserve the life-changing opportunities that a world-class education brings.
To achieve exceptional results for children, we hire the best, and the brightest. We value excellence, ethics, and celebrate diversity, and are relentlessly committed to improving ourselves and our work to enhance the lives of our scholars. We are seeking an Instructional Designer that will have a direct impact on revolutionizing teacher and leader training. S/he will also help us share our training content beyond the walls of Success Academy to reform the educational world at large.
The ideal Instructional Designer has a track record of effectively delivering learning content across multiple platforms and a variety of formats, including online, in-person, and blended learning environments. S/he is a skilled storyteller, has a strong sense of humor, and is able to utilize different authoring tools to create engaging interactions that make learning stick.
- The Instructional Designer will report directly to our Director of e-Learning, and should be someone who…
- Can work with a variety of authoring tools (Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, Lectora, etc.) to create well-designed, effective training for a variety of adult audiences;
- Applies instructional design best practices and is familiar with various learning theories;
- Follows an iterative approach to design and development;
- Ensures that assigned projects are produced to a high standard and delivered on time;
- Can handle multiple projects at a given time, prioritizing among them as necessary;
- Can partner with content owners (SMEs) to produce content across multiple departments;
- Is committed to the Success Academy mission and vision, and contributing to the intersection of education and social change.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
How to Apply
Help us keep GoodJobs up-to-date. Contact us if it looks like this job is no longer accepting applications.