Senior Director, Information Technology
Posted June 03
Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry campaign is ending child hunger in America by ensuring all children get the healthy food they need, every day.
No child should grow up hungry in America. Since 1984, Share Our Strength® has led the fight against hunger and poverty by inspiring and organizing individuals and businesses to share their strengths. Share Our Strength, a national nonprofit, is ending childhood hunger in America by ensuring all children get the healthy food they need by connecting kids in need with nutritious food and teaching their families how to cook healthy, affordable meals, the No Kid Hungry Campaign surrounds children in this nation with healthy food where they live, learn and play.
The Senior Director, Information Technology is responsible for envisioning, planning, and overseeing execution of Share Our Strength’s IT operations, including infrastructure and organization effectiveness and programmatic technology solutions. The Senior Director will oversee the IT department and the technology budget of the organization, which includes four field offices and multiple remote staff (approximately 130 staff in the DC office and an additional 70 staff in field and home-based offices). Under his/her oversight, the IT team will manage network/server/workstation maintenance and troubleshooting, business technology solutions for all departments, telecommunications (VOIP and cell), and information security. The Senior Director is an integral member of the Executive and Senior Leadership Teams at Share Our Strength and will work closely with the CFO/COO to guide the long-range technology planning and implementation across the organization.
The Senior Director will manage a technology sphere that operates a multi-site, single-domain Microsoft network across twenty-four virtual and physical hosts. Our voice communications are a hosted VOIP system utilizing Microsoft Skype for Business Enterprise Voice for calls and conferencing. The internal network hosts Microsoft Exchange 2010, a SharePoint 2010 intranet, the Blackbaud line-of-business solutions, and multiple file shares. Remote and mobile access is provided through a Remote Desk Services intranet portal or through Server 2008 VPN access.
Users operate Hewlett Packard laptops or IOS clients operating on Windows platforms which are secured through Microsoft Endpoint Protection (HQ) or Microsoft InTune (satellite locations). Hosted solutions include online fundraising, CRM, and messaging platform through Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge, Luminate, and Charity Engine applications. Salesforce, MMS ED, Central Desktop, and Dropbox are also utilized for learning management, grants administration, and project management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the day to day operations of the IT team, including direct management of four team members.
- Develop and oversee annual budget for information technology expenditures, including new purchases, upgrades, service contracts, and on-line accounts, with close collaboration of the Director of Technology and Senior Systems Engineer.
- Collaborate closely with senior and executive leadership, analyze the needs of organizational technology priorities and work with IT team members to develop plans and timelines for execution.
- Develop schedules and milestones to track the progress of IT projects using key performance indicators and other metrics. Provide reports and documentation as needed on IT projects to department heads and executive team members.
- Develop policies and procedures for internal staff and consultants related to hardware and infrastructure (acceptable use agreements, security, backup and disaster recovery, etc.).
- Oversee development of organization wide standards and processes when it comes to IT projects and administration of technology to internal staff members.
- Work with the Director to develop talent management strategies and keep department capacities aligned with the needs of the organization.
- Oversee relationships and contracts with third-party vendors, outsourcing organizations and service providers.
- Serve as primary liaison between internal staff, external vendors and the technology utilized within the organization.
- Participates as an active member of the Executive Team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a technical major (e.g. Information Technology or Computer Science) and at least 10 to 15 years of experience.
- A minimum of 5 - 7 years experience directly managing an internal technology operations team. Measureable success motivating teams and holding them accountable to measurable goals.
- Substantial experience engaging technology users and groups across an organization and with key external stakeholders on technology solutions development and execution.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in developing and implementing technology strategies that embrace the key needs of an organization across multiple revenue generating and programmatic internal customers.
- Effective at interfacing with Executive Teams of substantial non-profit organizations and/or companies – demonstrating both strong listening skills and the ability to clearly explain how specific applications and technology solutions can help address critical operating, fundraising and client – oriented activities.
- Strong understanding and experience within Microsoft environments, including Active Directory and Microsoft based networks, as well as applications such as Microsoft Office 365, Convio Laminate, Central Desktop, Chrome River, One Login, Egnyte, and Dell EMS MessageOne.
- Conversant with a broad range of technology providers and solutions – demonstrating strong entrepreneurial and enterprising experience to solve issues and enhance organization and customer service effectiveness.
- Experience in and understanding off virtual environments and working with remote staff members.
- Ability to step in and handle escalated technology issues when needed, including user support and solutions support and disaster recovery solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including strong English verbal and written communication skills. Commitment to working collaboratively and cross-functionally to plan and execute strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding environment and manage multiple priorities at once.
- Open to considering highly qualified technology leaders that have worked in either leading non-profit organizations or businesses.
- Strong team player, effective developer of people and positive personality.
- Enterprising and demonstrates strong patience and perseverance.
How to Apply
Help us keep GoodJobs up-to-date. Contact us if it looks like this job is no longer accepting applications.