Posted May 05
ScriptEd equips students in under-resourced schools with the fundamental coding skills and professional experiences that together create access to careers in technology.
We bring our tuition-free program directly to schools, where classes are taught by software developers on a volunteer basis. Students apply their new coding skills in paid summer internships where they work with role models in the field as well as gain the experience and confidence necessary to pursue a career in technology.
We are nimble, efficient, impactful, and growing. We currently serve 600 students in 30 high schools in NYC. We are committed to reaching as many students as possible while maintaining the highest quality of programming.
Who We Want:
ScriptEd is looking for a Marketing Manager who is entrepreneurial, creative and wants to make a difference. Entrepreneurial because this will be the first marketing position in a growing organization, and we need a self-starter who can bring marketing skills (and learn some new ones!) to build something new. Creative because this is an opportunity to tell stories, to develop a brand and get our message out in the world. Wants to make a difference because we are making a big impact on young people’s lives, and we want someone who is mission driven.
- Manage and help to increase audiences, traffic and engagement in social communities and media channels—FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, website, collateral (i.e., annual report), newsletter
- Coordinate creation of content, design, copywriting, and videos
- Cultivate and expand a network of blogs and influencers
- Reinforce brand image and consistent communication to current corporate partners, school partners, and current students
- Work with ScriptEd’s corporate partnerships team to develop sponsorship or co-branding promotions with corporate partners
- Define and execute on a content and messaging strategy across various communications channels including email, blog, social, website, and PR
- Coordinate and implement SEO and SMO strategies
- Use ScriptEd’s messaging, channels and events to cultivate and expand individual donor base and corporate partner network
- Work with ScriptEd Program Managers to coordinate and promote events
- Measure and report on social media and web analytics
- 4-5 years professional experience in a marketing or community-facing role
- Experience executing digital marketing campaigns and/or social media campaigns or content
- Clear, concise and differentiated communication skills are essential
- Deep understanding of how written content, brand voice, and messaging intersect within overall marketing efforts
- Experience creating creative marketing assets
- Detail-oriented, able to manage multiple tasks and organized enough to plan ahead
- Experience reporting on analytics
- Ability to work on your own and follow through, as well as collaborate with outside consultants and with teams
Salary commensurate with experience. Includes a competitive benefits package.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Help us keep GoodJobs up-to-date. Contact us if it looks like this job is no longer accepting applications.