Posted June 03
ScriptEd equips students in under-resourced schools with the fundamental coding skills and professional experiences that together create access to careers in technology.
ScriptEd (scripted.org) is a non-profit organization that equips students in under-resourced schools with the fundamental coding skills and professional experiences that together create access to careers in technology.
We bring our tuition-free program directly to schools, where classes are taught by software developers on a volunteer basis. Students apply their new coding skills in paid summer internships where they work with role models in the field as well as gain the experience and confidence necessary to pursue a career in technology.
We are nimble, efficient, impactful, and growing. We currently serve 600 students in 30 high schools in NYC. We are committed to reaching as many students as possible while maintaining the highest quality of rogramming.
Who We Want
We are looking for passionate, creative leaders who are inspired by our mission and are ready to work hard in order to change students’ lives. This is an opportunity to join a small team that is experiencing rapid growth. We are looking for candidates who are self-motivated, resourceful, and inspiring.
- Manage and ensure success of the program at a network of 6-8 sites. Coordinate and support teams of volunteers; make recommendations for teaching strategies, and support with the implementation of these strategies. Assist volunteer teams with creating assignments, teaching materials, and assessments. Ensure volunteer satisfaction and retention.
- Recruit, train, and on-board new volunteer teachers. Attend Meetups and city-wide events to represent ScriptEd and recruit new volunteers. Conduct volunteer trainings and support volunteers with onboarding.
- Collect and manage student and program data. Manage student evaluations and prepare reports on student progress. Manage student attendance information and follow up with schools, parents, and students when students are absent. Track and analyze program data, including attendance and student performance.
- Act as a liaison between ScriptEd and ScriptEd partner schools. Keep abreast of school schedules and keep volunteer teams informed of changes. Communicate with school partners about the success of the program and any concerns. Coordinate logistics for ScriptEd classes, field trips, and special events.
- Support ScriptEd’s summer opportunities. Coordinate the Summer Internship Bootcamp, support student internship experiences, and other summer opportunities for students. Manage student experience during programs. Compile feedback from summer partners, incorporate feedback into school year programs.
- Provide additional project support, as needed.
- Two+ years in Education; classroom teaching and experience in under-resourced schools highly preferred.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial.
- Experience working with diverse groups.
- Commitment to educational equality.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work extended hours, including weekends.
Salary commensurate with experience. Includes a competitive benefits package.
How to Apply
Help us keep GoodJobs up-to-date. Contact us if it looks like this job is no longer accepting applications.