UX / Graphic Designer
Posted April 30
Our mission is to make good things happen.
Hi there. Looking for a new challenge? Want to do work you feel passionate about? Ready to shed that “junior” title and work at a place where you can grow your career?
At Salter>Mitchell / Marketing For Change you have a chance to join a team of fun, nice and pretty talented (if we do say so ourselves) people that work in the small niche of behavior change marketing. Our mission is to make good things happen. In total, we’re just over 30 people in three offices – one in Alexandria, VA just outside the nation’s capital and two in sunny Florida (Orlando and Tallahassee).
We are seeking a UX designer with strong graphic design skills. This position will play an active part on our team of designers, developers and content strategists to create engaging online experiences. You will be responsible for the navigation, organization, interaction design and user process engineering for engaging digital service – translating user needs, client objectives and technology into behavior change strategies.
Being a small company, we all wear a lot of hats and our structure allows employees to grow and drive their own path – while being supported by the larger team. We look for people who are passionate about what they do, and thrive off shared expertise to solve design challenges.
Some things you will be doing
- Assess sites for usefulness and usability
- Design and prototyping
- Set strategic evaluation criteria and site goals
- Create target user personas
- Create research-based sitemaps, wireframes and user flows
- Serve as a point of contact for internal and client service UX questions and recommendations
- Support creative growth by identifying tools and techniques that evolve existing UX/Development/Design approaches
Things we are looking for
- Degree in design-related discipline
- Industry experience in UX / Graphic design
- Expert in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, MS Office
- Problem solving and process oriented skills
- Communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Enjoy working independently and as part of a team
- Basic understanding of front-end web development a plus
Here are some of the perks
- Nice co-workers
- Work that makes the world a better place
- Great benefits package including 401(k) matching and health coverage at no cost to the employee
How to Apply
To apply, email your cover letter, resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help us keep GoodJobs up-to-date. Contact us if it looks like this job is no longer accepting applications.