Senior UX Designer
Posted May 15
Our mission is to make good things happen.
Oh, hello. Bored at work again? Uninspired and looking for a challenge? Wishing you were doing work you feel passionate about?
At Salter>Mitchell you have a chance to join a team of fun, nice and pretty talented (if we do say so ourselves) people that work in the small niche of behavior change marketing. Our mission is to make good things happen. In total, we’re 35 people in three offices – one in Alexandria, VA, just outside the nation’s capital, and two in sunny Florida (Orlando and Tallahassee). Description We are seeking a Senior UX Designer to join our team. This position will be responsible for the navigation, organization, interaction design and user process engineering for engaging digital services. You will apply user-centered design methods to translate user needs, client objectives, and technology capabilities into behavior change strategies. You will play an active part in expanding current client relationships and participate in the creation of new ones. You should have a basic understanding of creative principles such as demographic research, visual design, site development and content strategy to collaborate and/or lead solutions with team members in those disciplines. We look for people who are passionate about what they do, and thrive off shared expertise to solve design challenges.
Some things you will be doing:
- Lead the assessment of existing sites/services for usefulness, usability, visual design, content and branding
- Articulate objectives to guide development of evaluation criteria
- Organize research data into meaningful themes and visually compelling frameworks (information architecture)
- Devise user scenario planning and create target user personas
- Drive the development of frameworks that meet the union of client and user goals
- Create and lead the development of comprehensive sitemaps, wireframes and process flows for digital service solutions; present these deliverables to team members and clients
- Estimate, plan and lead creative work in the development of quality solutions; track progress according to the plan created for a project
- Manage designer to developer hand off as quality assurance for user integrity
- Serve as a point of contact for internal and client service UX questions and recommendations
- Support creative growth by identifying tools and techniques that evolve existing design approaches
- Degree in design-related discipline
- Industry experience
- Expert in user-centered design methods
- Expert in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, MS Office
- Excellent problem solving and process oriented skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work collaboratively
Nice to Have - Prior graphic design experience is a plus - Basic understanding of front-end web development a plus
How to Apply
To apply, email your cover letter, resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help us keep GoodJobs up-to-date. Contact us if it looks like this job is no longer accepting applications.