Posted June 01
Redwood City, CA
Rocketship is rethinking the traditional school model, allowing each child to learn in their own way with a combination of traditional instruction, technology and tutoring.
Effective and creative communications are a critical driver of Rocketship’s impact. From developing a digital brand experience that connects with the needs of our families to shooting compelling photography that showcases our national impact to producing creative collateral to attract new families, communities, and talent, our communications team works across the organization to build a powerful, authentic, and magnetic brand.
We are seeking a proven Creative Manager to take our brand identify and digital experience to the next level. We are looking for a versatile creative professional. At your core, you take an audience-centered approach to all your projects. You are as creative in your thinking as you are in execution. You are resourceful and comfortable in a “roll-up-your-sleeves” environment. Most importantly, you bring a deep and personal passion for social impact and share our commitment to serving our students and transforming underserved communities.
As Rocketship’s Creative Manager you will:
- Manage Rocketship’s visual identity and visual language. Refine our identity system, ensure visual consistency across the organization, and seek out opportunities to improve our visual language in all facets of our brand experience.
- Partner with senior leadership to spearhead our website redesign including: recruiting, onboarding, and day-to-day management of external web development agency.
- Ongoing management of website ensuring optimal user experience for three distinct users: parents/families, prospective teachers, and influencers/funders.
- Produce powerful creative collateral to support student recruiting, teacher recruiting, and fundraising.
- Visualize performance results to more effectively communicate complex information through clear and engaging data visualizations.
- Develop, manage, and build photo catalog. If you are not a photographer, you will manage freelance photographers including building shot lists and coordinating shoots.
- Contribute graphic design support to editorial and social media team.
- 3+ years of experience in creative services.
- Skilled in using Adobe Creative Cloud applications, especially Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Web manager. Experienced managing websites and working with web developers.
- Project manager. Capable of managing detailed work plans and schedules with cross-department dependencies.
- Self-starter. Able to work independently and be proactive. Someone who takes initiative and doesn’t wait for assignments.
- BA required.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes excellent health and welfare benefits, 403b retirement plan, flexible spending account (FSA), cell phone reimbursement and paid time off.
How to Apply
Learn more and apply here
Help us keep GoodJobs up-to-date. Contact us if it looks like this job is no longer accepting applications.