Posted June 01
Radical Designs is a web development co-operative focused exclusively on the needs of non-profit and grassroots social change organizations.
We are seeking a Web Developer to join our tech cooperative. The ideal candidate will have a passion for building websites that support small business and social change agents in achieving their goals. All people should apply but especially, women, people of color, LGBTQI identified, and folks with disabilities.
Working closely with coworkers to create and maintain websites, occasionally communicating with clients (written and verbal), and completing work (independently and as a team) in a timely manner.
- WordPress — site-building or plugin development experience
- Drupal 7, 8, Backdrop — site-building or module development
- Linux command line experience
- Git or similar version control experience
- HTML, CSS, JS, PHP experience (all skill levels will be considered)
- Passion for clean code self documenting code
- Willing to teach and learn with others
- Work as part of a team
- Have independent, deadline-driven work ethic
- Ability to communicate progress and discuss roadblocks throughout a project
- Ability to incorporate feedback during development
- Punctual and dependable
Nice to Haves
This is a part-time contract position, with consideration for full-time salaried (+ benefits) employment down the road. Pay is negotiable based on experience.
Founded in 2004, Radical Designs Co-operative, Inc. is a worker-owned cooperative. We provide web design, development, hosting and support to nonprofits, grassroots social justice organizations and small businesses.
We are located in Oakland’s historic Preservation Park district; 5 minutes from Oakland’s City Center BART station.
How to Apply
Please send your resumé to email@example.com.
Help us keep GoodJobs up-to-date. Contact us if it looks like this job is no longer accepting applications.