Director, Purpose Rapid Response
Posted May 01
Purpose is a home for public mobilization and storytelling on the world’s biggest issues.
Purpose is a home for public mobilization and storytelling on the world’s biggest issues. The world is changing and we need to change the way we think about changing the world. To do this Purpose brings together world-class talent from the world of creatives, content development, storytelling, campaigning, grassroots organizing, and political strategy to build new creative campaigning models.
Guided by smart political strategy and powered by new technologies for participation, our work reframes issues, engages new audiences, shifts public discourse, and ultimately drives targeted action that shifts decision-makers and creates lasting impact.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Digital Director will spearhead a cutting-edge new model for distributed rapid response campaigning. The Digital Director will work with issue experts to ensure best practice digital storytelling is at the heart of all of our work.
As the Digital Director, you will:
- Be part of a team that is looking for new ways to build people power and make the world a fairer place
- Be part of a team that works in partnership with indigenous activists in Guatemala, labor organizers in America, human rights lawyers in South Africa, and youth activists in the UK
- Be part of an interdisciplinary team working with top creatives, political strategists, media experts, and tech and data gurus, committed to experimentation and forging new campaigning methods
- uild and manage a world class digital team
- Bring the best in digital practice and storytelling to the efforts of some of the world’s leading NGOs and foundations, as well as to - Purpose’s own new movement organizations and campaigning labs
If these are things that get you out of the bed in the morning, we want to hear from you:
- Obsessively following the news cycle, and figuring out how to use news to start conversations
- Constantly testing and refining your understanding of what resonates with different audiences
- How to build and inspire the perfect team of digital masterminds to make the world a better place
- The internet. What works on it, why and how you can create the next huge story Stories. Stories. Stories – how to tell them, to whom and why
- Build and manage a world class team to implement this cutting edge model of content identification, development and distribution
- Work with project leads to integrate best practice digital strategy into their campaigns
- Be the public face of Purpose Digital: bringing on partners, sharing lessons (wins and failures!) and leading our experimentation
- Oversee campaign execution, including running experiments, monitoring metrics, and sharing data-driven results
- Monitor pop culture trends, current events and climate change mobilization opportunities for potential campaigns
- You have 8+ years of professional full-time experience in a digital campaigning or social media strategy role
- You’re experienced in a fast paced, startup environment
- You have a deep knowledge of best practices in digital and social strategy, from creative content to influencer engagement to paid media
- You’re experienced managing staff and projects from concept through execution
- You have a passion for measurement, understanding what works and what doesn’t, and impact assessment
- You’re excited to work in a fast-paced, creative, and playful environment
- You have a collaborative style, strong work ethic, and excellent copywriting skills
- You build relationships with key people in your field
- You are a person of integrity, people enjoy working with you, and you’re personally committed to progressive and humanitarian values
How to Apply
Help us keep GoodJobs up-to-date. Contact us if it looks like this job is no longer accepting applications.