Posted June 27
PLOS is a nonprofit publisher, innovator and advocacy organization.
We are looking for a talented and creative individual to join our growing team in the role of Marketing Manager for PLOS’ high quality Open Access journals. This position will be based in our San Francisco office.
The Marketing Manager will work cross-functionally with teams across the organization to deliver comprehensive go-to-market plans, product messaging, customer value propositions, and demand generation programs for authors submitting to PLOS journals and other PLOS initiatives. We are looking for a well-rounded Marketing professional with an interest in science, a passion for online marketing and at least three years of relevant experience. The ideal candidate would be comfortable working with staff at all levels and across all functions of the organization and have high-level strategic, planning and implementation skills.
- Drive overall marketing and submissions for PLOS journals.
- Lead positioning and messaging around content collections in collaboration with publishing and editorial stakeholders as well as marketing colleagues.
- Develop high impact content that maps across the audience decision-making cycle.
- Conduct ongoing competitive analysis and audience research in collaboration with the PLOS Research team to stay abreast of the evolving industry and inform journal strategy.
- Develop comprehensive marketing plans from content strategy to tactical activities aligned with the organization’s objectives.
- Oversee and complete all marketing program tasks and deliverables to ensure on-time delivery and quality of content.
- Develop effective marketing campaigns that capitalize on market opportunities, which may include the following tools: collateral, direct marketing, global community outreach and engagement, email marketing, events, seminars, webinars, landing pages, sponsorship and digital marketing.
- Use social media (blogs, community sites and branded streams) to engage audiences.
- Measure campaign results, refine methodologies.
Qualifications and Experience
- 3+ years of previous experience in publishing or marketing, with superior content and strategy skills, an ability to create tangible deliverables and programs. Ability to self-direct and promote PLOS content through integrated marketing campaigns with limited guidance.
- Proven ability to create clear, persuasive, strategic materials – both from new work and also from the content of others.
- Superior project management skills and attention to detail with a proven ability to manage complex, high impact projects across an organization is essential.
- Excellent written communication skills including the ability to develop copy for a variety of marketing channels – email, brochures, web content, advertising, and more. An understanding of the vocabulary and culture of the scholarly researcher audience in order to deliver impactful messages is a plus.
- Ability to partner with content experts and senior management by actively seeking, discerning, and incorporating valuable input. Maturity and tact.
- Experience with social media.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- An interest in science. Scholarly publishing or related work (e.g. science writing) and/or nonprofit experience would be a strong advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
How to Apply
Help us keep GoodJobs up-to-date. Contact us if it looks like this job is no longer accepting applications.