Posted June 02
ONE is a global campaign and advocacy organization co-founded by Bono and backed by more than seven million people from around the world committed to the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease.
ONE is a global campaign and advocacy organization co-founded by Bono and backed by more than seven million people from around the world and every walk of life that are committed to the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa. We hold world leaders to account for the promises made to the poorest, and we press them to support better policies and more effective aid and trade reform. We also work with leaders in Africa to support greater democracy, accountability and transparency so these resources can be effectively deployed. ONE has offices in Berlin, Brussels, Johannesburg, London, New York City, Paris and Washington DC.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
As the Web Developer, you will use your advanced knowledge of the web to maintain and develop ONE’s digital platforms to mobilize users around the world in the fight against extreme poverty. You will help manage technical development working with external vendors, and develop new features and enhancements. This position will work closely with a team of designers, writers and campaign managers around the world; as such, the ideal candidate for this role will love project management and have specific experience developing mobile products and working with Wordpress and other web technologies. This is a full-time position reporting to the Senior Director, North American Digital and will be based in Washington, DC.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Help maintain and improve ONE’s global web properties
- Work closely with other Digital team members and external vendors to develop ONE.org features and enhance existing functionality
- Collaborate with staff to develop requirements around new projects
- Engage with vendors to help with large project or campaign development
- Assist in the management of ONE’s web servers, Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) Tools, and Content Management System (CMS)
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of ONE’s technical requirements for deliverables
- Organize and maintain ONE’s template and tool libraries
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- At least two years’ experience working with web technologies
- Strong knowledge with WordPress development
- Experience of managing Linux and Apache based server infrastructure
- Familiarity with developing and deploying projects using Git
- Experience in developing projects for mobile
- Knowledge in site creation, development of userflows, design and interactive tools
- Experience with REST APIs for front-end development
- Experience of working with CRM systems
- Self-starter who can work independently and has a desire to learn new skills
- Project management and Agile development experience
- Ability to communicate project scope and progress to non-technical colleagues
- Ability to think critically and independently
- Flexibility and resourcefulness to respond to a fast-paced work environment with shifting deadlines
- Ability to consistently apply good judgment and make good and responsible decisions
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times
If you are ready to join the fight against extreme poverty & preventable disease, please submit an application, resume and a cover letter on our jobs page. Please be advised that is a rolling recruitment, and that we will conclude the process once the right person has been selected for the job. We thank all candidates for their interest; however we are only able to contact those who we decide to interview. No phone calls please.
Only candidates authorized to work in the US without any restrictions need apply.
How to Apply
Help us keep GoodJobs up-to-date. Contact us if it looks like this job is no longer accepting applications.