Associate Director of Digital Design and Website Development
Posted June 07
We are made up of pro-choice women and men across the United States. Together, we're protecting and expanding reproductive freedom.
The Associate Director of Digital Design and Website Development is responsible for leading and executing the visual design, creative, video, and web development arms of the NARAL Pro-Choice America digital team. S/he works with the Chief Technology Officer and staff throughout the organization to create online creative products (web graphics, video) and manage light web development such as updating website content and creating templates and wrappers. S/he will also sometimes advise on or create print materials, such as posters, banners, and ads. The Associate Director will join the Chief Technology Officer and others to help enforce and shape the creative brand identity of the organization. The responsibilities of the Associate Director may also encompass other areas as time allows and need demands, but the primary focuses are on design and simple web development.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Designing and creating rapid response and campaign web graphics, videos, and other creative digital and non-digital products.
- Updating website content, including writing and making edits to copy and planning and executing new sections of the site.
- Managing small and large projects with vendors, such as building microsites and producing complex videos.
- Help enforce NARAL’s brand identity and style to ensure the continued strength of our message and clarity of our vision.
- Assessing data and analytics for our design products and web properties to improve their effectiveness.
- Coordinating with and advising state affiliates on design best practices and website strategy.
- You’ve created lots and lots of graphics before for various mediums, and are confident dealing with the particulars of dimensions and color spaces for social media, websites, and print shops, and you understand different needs for various vendors and partners.
- You’ve scripted, produced, shot, and edited videos for different spaces (or are excited to learn about video production, shooting, and editing).
- You’re flexible about working strategically or executing—you’re equally skilled at thinking through strategy at a high level, planning campaigns, and rolling up your sleeves to create rapid response graphics under a tight deadline or to figure out why a new web template isn’t displaying correctly in a certain browser or on a specific mobile platform.
- You feel comfortable with HTML and CSS, and aren’t afraid to dig into the code in a CMS, CRM, or online database.
- You’re a stickler for details, from making sure a design looks just so or making sure that some new code is as clean as can be.
- You have a talent for managing competing, urgent priorities and multiple complex projects at the same time
- You like trying out the newest innovations, best practices, and features to make sure you’re keeping up with the latest in the design and web dev space.
- You’re committed to NARAL’s mission and goals.
Qualifications preferred, but not required:
- Experience in nonprofit advocacy, organizing, communications/press outreach, or political management.
- Managed other staffers, consultants, and vendors
NARAL Pro-Choice America is an equal opportunity employer. All our positions require a sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural differences.
How to Apply
Send resume and letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Help us keep GoodJobs up-to-date. Contact us if it looks like this job is no longer accepting applications.