Senior Graphic Designer
Posted May 16
Palo Alto, CA
We're a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization with a focus on pre-K through high school.
We are currently seeking a Senior Graphic Designer to join our Communications Team. The ideal candidate should be well-rounded, with experience in both layout and design, as well as the development of graphics and infographics. The ideal candidate is a strong visual communicator who can leverage design to convey complex information and solve problems. This position will be based in our Palo Alto, California, office.
- Design and collaborate on production of Learning Policy Institute publications, including book-length monographs, reports, policy and research briefs, and collateral content for print and the Web.
- Conceptualizeand create clear and compelling infographics, images, and memes for use across publications, presentations, the web and social media platforms.
- Provide creative and technical support to ensure clear and compelling PowerPoint presentations.
- Oversee the selection and preparation of photos for publications and the web site.
- Curate LPI photos, graphics, and presentations.
- Coordinate external graphic designers, as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent in Graphic Design or Art discipline
- 3-5 years of experience in publication and graphics design
- Proficiency with Adobe CS, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Exceptional attention to detail in work quality and technical precision
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Highly collaborative with the ability to translate feedback into exceptional creative design
- Committed to continuous learning by seeking, sharing, and applying best practice and team feedback
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work on tight deadlines, while maintaining quality standards
- Outstanding team player and collaborator
- Video and photography skills, web and social media experience a plus
How to Apply
Submit a resume, three work samples, and a cover letter indicating how you think your experience and skills can best contribute to our team. Include when you can be available. Send pdf versions and links to CommStaffing@learningpolicyinstitute.org.
Help us keep GoodJobs up-to-date. Contact us if it looks like this job is no longer accepting applications.