Contract Front End Designer/Developer
Posted May 15
GuideStar is the world's largest source of information on nonprofit organizations
Join an Innovative Nonprofit That is Changing the Nonprofit Sector!
GuideStar is the world’s largest source of information on nonprofit organizations–and the job of our web design team is to make that data come to life. We are excited to be working on new data visualizations, a redesigned user experience, and tools to contextualize our data. We believe we must go beyond the question of what data is available–and figure out how to make it useful.
And this is what we care about: better data will lead to better decisions and, with your help, better decisions can help lead to a better world.
We’re looking for a front end designer/developer to join our team full time, to help us create amazing user experiences. You’ll work with our design team in San Francisco (soon to move to downtown Oakland), and with our Williamsburg, VA, teammates.
Full-time, contract position San Francisco, CA (moving to Oakland, CA in summer 2016) Nonprofit Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
What you have:
- Passion for beautifully structured code, polished UX interactions, and collaborative work
- Eagerness to learn, expand your skills, and try new tools
- A portfolio of front end web work
What you will do:
- Build out guidestar.org, working closely with the UX design team to outline how users will interact with our products
- Write clean, cohesive, and semantic HTML and CSS through constructive feedback and review sessions
- Build interfaces–work with our Lead Designer on how features will look and function
- Pair program with peers and teammates to help teach, learn, and maintain front end code standards
- Attend and contribute to design critiques to both hone your own design sense and improve team-wide work
- Craft interactive prototypes to find innovative solutions to problems
- Streamline the structure of our front end pattern library and improve how easy that library is to use
- Participate in product and design discussions with the team
If you’re interested in working on web development and design, please consider applying even if your background doesn’t perfectly match our ideal credentials. We are committed to diversity and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.
This position will be a 1-year contract position with room for growth.
Help us strengthen the nonprofit sector and make the world a better place. Join our team today! Go to www.guidestar.org to find out more. GuideStar USA Inc. is EEO/AA/VET/DISABLED Employer.
How to Apply
Please send resume to email@example.com
Help us keep GoodJobs up-to-date. Contact us if it looks like this job is no longer accepting applications.