Posted May 22
We provide an end-to-end platform that enables funders to provide direct cash transfers to the extreme poor.
GiveDirectly aims to reshape international giving. We provide an end-to-end platform that enables funders to provide direct cash transfers to the extreme poor. We are among the fastest-growing international development non-profits and are recipients of a Google Global Impact Award and a top rating from GiveWell.
Our unorthodox approach – allowing the poor, and not the donor, to choose how to invest – has driven debate both in press and policy circles (e.g., NPR’sThis American Life, Foreign Affairs, The Economist, New York Times, The Guardian). We are also known for our extensive integration of technology into field processes; our quantitative approach to performance measurement; and our commitment to rigorous, independent, experimental evaluation of our impact, with one Randomized Controlled Trial completed and multiple additional RCTs in progress.
We are looking for exceptional talent to help build a startup into a world-class organization. Our culture is professional, analytical, non-hierarchical, fast-paced, and blunt, and we’re looking for people that match that description. We are open to candidates from any industry; we typically recruit from top private-sector firms and offer competitive salary and benefits.
The Operations Associate will dive into and drive a broad range of global efforts spanning legal, finance, HR, technology, and office management for our rapidly expanding operation in New York City.
Specifically, the Operations Associate will be responsible for:
- Coordinating legal requests, advice, and projects across the globe
- Supporting domestic finance and data operations, including payment and vendor management
- Managing core HR processes for domestic operations
- Overseeing and maintaining a positive New York office environment, and planning for scale
- Providing administrative support as needed in a quickly changing environment
- The person who fills this role will gain experience working at a quickly scaling, successful start-up that straddles the line between social impact and tech, and be in a position to see and experience multiple aspects of the organization.
- 1-3 years professional experience at a high-performing organization;
- Exceptional academic record;
- Strong big-picture critical thinking as well as attention to detail;
- A sense of ownership and drive, with the ability to manage and take multiple work streams to completion at the same time;
- Familiarity with, or the ability to quickly learn about, legal work (a JD is not required);
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, efficient environment that prizes regular feedback and blunt communication; and
- Commitment to the GiveDirectly mission.
How to Apply
Help us keep GoodJobs up-to-date. Contact us if it looks like this job is no longer accepting applications.