Full Stack Developer
Posted May 14
FWD.us is mobilizing the tech community in support of policies that keep the American Dream achievable in the 21st century, starting with comprehensive immigration reform.
FWD.us is an organization that promotes policies to keep the United States competitive in an ever-changing global economy, starting with immigration reform. We are backed by the founders of Facebook, Microsoft, Dropbox, LinkedIn, and more.
We are seeking a developer who loves politics, building forward-thinking advocacy products, and also addressing the technical challenges of a nationally distributed organization. We are looking for the full package: someone who is comfortable in Rails when needed and also loves working with our designer to build out the front-end. We know you’re out there!
You will get to work in an exciting and fast-paced environment where you will be encouraged to expand your skills, test your creative boundaries, share new ideas, and most importantly – have lots of fun.
Reports to Director of Technical Projects.
- Ruby on Rails: you need to be an experienced developer (3+ years).
- SQL, PostgreSQL: We do use custom SQL queries as well as PG full-text search.
- External APIs: you’ll need to interact with many.
- RSpec: we have a good coverage.
- DevOPS: AWS (EC2, S3, CloudFlare), Nginx, Phusion Passenger, Sidekiq, memcached, Capistrano deployments, etc. We have a pretty typical stack. You will need to maintain our servers, monitor services, and keep them all up and running.
Nice to Haves:
- Rails Admin is a big plus
- Experience with Hubspot and/or NationBuilder
- Jenkins CI
If you think you’ve got what it takes, send us your resume.
How to Apply
Help us keep GoodJobs up-to-date. Contact us if it looks like this job is no longer accepting applications.