Posted May 20
FWD.us is mobilizing the tech community in support of policies that keep the American Dream achievable in the 21st century, starting with comprehensive immigration reform.
FWD.us is an innovative advocacy organization devoted to empowering the tech community to tackle tough political issues critical to the US knowledge economy. The Content Manager will work with our Digital Department and the rest of the national team to achieve our organization’s mission: to engage and mobilize the tech community with the goal of passing policies that keep the American Dream achievable in the 21st Century.
We’re a small, agile Digital Team representing FWD.us across all digital platforms. We manage inbound and outbound marketing, digital organizing and advertising, video production, and social media. This position plays a critical role in managing and executing our content production across multiple digital platforms. We’re committed to each other, to optimizing our work, and to producing industry-leading results.
You will be the driving force behind the development of content for our blog, email campaigns, social media channels, and more. You’ll be tasked with ensuring our content is engaging and effective at communicating our short and long-term advocacy goals. This requires you to be familiar with managing workflows, modern email marketing techniques, creative online communication strategies, and rapid response.
WHO YOU ARE
- Self-starter driven by mission and making an impact.
- Creative and experimental.
- Analytical and driven by data in making decisions.
- Meticulous attention to detail and adherence to quality assurance best practices.
- Clear, confident, and professional when writing, speaking, and presenting. Excellent relationship management and the ability to work across multiple teams and functions.
- Must have a firm understanding of changing technology, including software and tools for digital marketing/web graphic design.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- Education experience: B.A./B.S. in journalism, multimedia production, graphic design, political science, marketing, or related field.
- Persuasive and prolific writing background.
- Professional digital experience in the non-profit sector or political campaigns a plus.
YOUR TECHNICAL SKILLSET
- Graphic design skills using Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Professional experience using NationBuilder, Google Analytics, Wordpress or other CMS, and social media management platforms.
- Basic experience with HTML preferred.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Seek, pitch, and write compelling content for email, social media, online ads, and other platforms that that educates, persuades, and ultimately drives advocacy in support of immigration reform – including location-specific content, where appropriate.
- Develop and execute graphic design, specifically infographics and data visualization suitable for email, social, and web distribution.
- Manage all aspects of the organization’s content programs, including: planning, creation, distribution, coalition-building, and rapid response
- Work closely with communications and digital strategies to ensure a consistent message across channels
- Manage a team-wide functional content calendar and content strategy that supports and extends organizations initiatives, both short- and long-term.
- Analyze effectiveness of individual content, and overall content program, through robust data collection, making recommendations based on compelling analytics
- Be responsible for ensuring all content is fact-checked for accuracy and meets high-quality brand standards
- Guide content development on new platforms and in new creative ways, as appropriate
- Establish workflows for approving and publishing content with organization stakeholders
- Manage and organize content inventories
How to Apply
Help us keep GoodJobs up-to-date. Contact us if it looks like this job is no longer accepting applications.