Posted June 04
Free The Children empowers international change. We make this change through our holistic, sustainable international development model, Adopt a Village.
Are you a self-motivated and driven person who is organized and enthusiastic about making a difference in the world?
Founded in 1995 by human rights activist Craig Kielburger, Free The Children is an international charity and educational partner that believes in a world where all young people are free to achieve their fullest potential. We work internationally to free children from poverty and exploitation through a holistic and sustainable development model called Adopt a Village. Domestically, we offer innovative programs that educate, engage and empower youth to become agents of change.
Free The Children seeks a Director, Digital to join its Digital Media team.
There is a three (3) month probationary period, upon reaching the three (3) month period, all staff members are offered a health plan including dental and Employee Assistance Program. The position is based out of Free the Children’s office in Toronto (233 Carlton Street).
While resumes are important, we want to know what makes you a great fit for our team and culture. We will consider resumes on a rolling basis and would like the right person to join us as soon as possible.
- Lead a team of digital marketers – content curators, community managers, lead generation, SEO, UI/UX, app, video and web content specialists
- Establish plans, KPI’s and performance targets for the team
- Digital expert to the organization
- Point of contact to other key teams internally such as partner relations, sales, business development, etc…
- Point of contact to external partners, sponsors, agencies, consultants and accounts
- Develop and execute strategies intended to increase engagement levels and numbers in our various channels
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5 or more years experience in digital marketing
- Marketing degree or equivalent work experience with MBA preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Exceptional understanding of the following, where applicable from the perspective of consumer, creator, advertisor:
- Social studio
- Facebook business manager
- Advertising (all aspects) across social channels
- Google Analytics
- Lead generation and funnel management
- Web optimization
- Social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat
- Experience leading a medium to large marketing team, preferably with a digital focus
- Ability to clearly set goals and effectively performance manage a team
- Passion for thinking strategically with the flexibility to navigate a changing environment
- Ability to set KPI’s for digital marketing and to align these to the organizational, brand and segment strategies
- Aptitude for leveraging data to inform direction
- Passion for monitoring trends, a strong sense of what will resonate with various audiences
- Ability to create integrated plan for how to leverage content across channels and platforms
- Experience in managing products or apps
- Writing, copywriting experience
- Design experience is an asset
What makes Free The Children unique…
A Top Employer for Young People, Free The Children is filled with passionate, driven, entrepreneurial, shameless idealists. This means we work hard, set high goals and exceed them to help empower youth to change the world.
If you are inspired by collaboration, making friendships with incredible people, unique additional responsibilities like working on our We Days, and if your personal values align with our core values, we would love to hear from you.
Free the Children is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and welcomes all interested parties to apply. We sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
How to Apply
Help us keep GoodJobs up-to-date. Contact us if it looks like this job is no longer accepting applications.