Posted June 03
Fair Trade helps free trade work for the poor.
The UX Designer works on our Tech Team to design a applications that serve Fair Trade producers, traders, and consumers across the globe. Working here is awesome; your design decisions have a lot of impact in the organization and in turn the lives of farmers and workers around the world. You are empowered to help define how the organization interacts and to provide input on the future of Fair Trade. Also, while we’re a non-profit we’re also a social enterprise that is investing heavily in our tech systems.
The UX Designer reports to the Director of Technology and owns the user experience of our stakeholder applications. You will work alongside another UX designer to leverage the benefits of paired design. You will be responsible for research, strategy and design of our applications, and you will continue to improve aspects of the apps in the long-term.
Designers are involved in all parts of the product lifecycle: brainstorming, requirements gathering, design, prototyping, project planning, and iterating. Embracing lean methodology and being an agile multitasker is expected of everyone on the team. While this role is first and foremost a user experience designer, the ideal candidate is comfortable with visual design and some front-end development. Demonstrated experience playing the role of a Business Analyst is a plus.
This position requires demonstrated examples of creating best-in-class user experiences across a broad array of interactive web and mobile projects and will help shape a culture of user-centered design within the organization. Being a self-starter is highly valued, as is a strong motivation to remove roadblocks that impede progress in their work. The ideal candidate uses a combination of tools; whichever is best for the job. They will partner with product managers to define product strategy and will collaborate with engineering on design implementation. Experience working on design systems or brand style guides is a plus.
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design methodology
- Experience working in paired design
- Designing scalable systems and patterns within brand guidelines
- Conducting research such as user interviews, analytics review, etc.
- Building consensus among disparate stakeholders
- Iterating quickly and thoughtfully based on feedback from users, teammates, and stakeholders
- Developing personas and scenarios
- Analyzing task flows and translating to user flows
- Creating information architectures
- Created well documented interaction design with annotated wireframes
- Leading review brainstorming and review sessions
- Giving and receiving feedback on design, research, strategy, and content
- Oral and written Spanish skills
- HTML, CSS, SASS, SMACSS, and JS/JQuery proficiency
- Agile methodologies
- Salesforce design customization
- Familiar with Git concepts
- Employing A/B testing to optimize product design
- Experience using Bootstrap and/or Angular
How to Apply
Please submit both a resume and a cover letter to the attention of Bennett Wetch, Director of Technology through the Careers page of our website www.fairtradeusa.org
Help us keep GoodJobs up-to-date. Contact us if it looks like this job is no longer accepting applications.