Business Development Manager
Posted May 27
DoSomething.org is one of the world’s largest organizations for young people and social change.
The business development team has the awesome responsibility of creating partnerships with top brands to create impactful campaigns that fund DoSomething.org. You would be an essential part of that team.
- New Corporate Partnerships. Reach out to and secure new corporate partners for DoSomething.org that are on-brand and genuinely care about cause.
- Sponsor Management. Manage relationships with existing DoSomething.org sponsors ensuring they feel the love and are well-represented internally at the DoSomething.org office.
- Campaign Execution. Work closely with the DoSomething.org campaigns team to execute Staff Pick campaigns that our members will love.
- Event Management. Help the Biz Dev team and the organization at-large plan for major events such as the spring Gala, Annual Meeting, quarterly Advisory Board Meetings, DS Upfront, etc.
- Foundation outreach. Work with the Biz Dev team to research and cultivate relationships with public and private foundations.
- You are passionate about social change and DoSomething.org’s mission in particular, but also have a killer instinct and deep ambition to succeed.
- Seriously self-driven and determined to reach goals. You are ambitious. You don’t settle. You can think creatively on the spot.
- Well organized multi-tasker—without stressing out. DoSomething.org is super fun and fast-paced, and that means you need to be able to react and execute quickly.
- An outgoing personality is a must. If your friends wouldn’t describe you as energetic, this is not the job for you.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written!): ability to convey a message clearly; a powerful writer who makes points concisely; solid command of grammar while understanding what it means to be on-brand with DoSomething.org (i.e. you are comfortable using the phrase “badass” in a business presentation).
- Comfortable working with very important people—you don’t get intimidated. You know when to talk and when to listen. You will pick up the phone and cold-call a CEO.
- You have an awesome rolodex of companies that you’re psyched to reach out to on day 1.
- Passion for what we do, concern for the world, commitment to social change.
- Knowledge of pop culture and teen trends of the moment
3 weeks vacation plus the week between Christmas and New Years (plus Summer Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor day – office closes at 1:30), fun office environment, a spot on our summer kickball team, and occasional brownie bake-offs. Plus, you don’t have to come to work on your birthday (but we’ll probably bake you cookies if you do)
DoSomething.org is an equal opportunity employer (although we do reserve the right to discriminate against people who wear white socks with dark shoes…)
How to Apply
Help us keep GoodJobs up-to-date. Contact us if it looks like this job is no longer accepting applications.