Project Director, Maker Learning
Posted May 26
Digital Promise works at the intersection of education leaders, researchers, and learning technology developers to improve learning opportunity.
Digital Promise is an independent, bipartisan 501©(3) nonprofit organization authorized by Congress to spur innovation in education for all levels of learners. Positioned at the intersection of educators, entrepreneurs, and researchers, Digital Promise identifies, develops, and promotes strategies to improve all levels of education and provide Americans with the knowledge and skills needed to compete in the global economy. Digital Promise is a fast-paced, growing, entrepreneurial organization that values and rewards performance, collaboration, and innovation.
About the Position
We are seeking a Project Director to support all aspects of maker learning including the Maker Promise, developing programs, managing partnerships, and supporting and expanding this national network of schools.
This position is contingent upon Digital Promise securing funding, which is anticipated but not guaranteed.
- Lead maker learning, with support from senior leadership
- Manage all initiative projects, including the production of communications assets, the delivery of services to schools, community engagement, and the coordination of associated events
- Liaise with partners, including non-profit, private sector, and philanthropic funders
- Advocate for maker learning nationally through speaking engagements and other communications channels
- Lead development work, including partner recruiting, program development, and proposal writing
- Coordinate internal resources to advance project priorities
- Cultivate the national network of maker schools and coordinate communications
- Recruit and lead a senior-level advisory board
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Business, Entrepreneurship, or a related field required. Master’s degree in a related field preferred
- 7+ years of experience in education, entrepreneurship, coalition building, and/or a related field. Experience in education innovation a plus
- Project management and leadership experience
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders to develop and meet ambitious milestones
- Experience managing high-value partnerships
- A strong commitment to improving education for K-12 learners in informal and formal learning environments
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional team members to ensure information is shared, projects are completed on time, and goals are reached
- Stellar organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and manage competing tasks, deadlines, requirements, and decisions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- A passion for education, a team mentality, creativity, and a positive “can-do” “yes-and” spirit.
How to Apply
Help us keep GoodJobs up-to-date. Contact us if it looks like this job is no longer accepting applications.