Director of Industry Partnerships
Posted June 14
CSNYC's mission is to ensure that all of New York City’s 1.1 million public school students have access to a high-quality computer science education.
CSNYC seeks a Director of Industry Partnerships to cultivate a high level of industry engagement in our work to expand access to computer science in NYC public schools. Deep connections between industry and schools are critical to the success of CSNYC’s mission.
The Director of Industry Partnerships will develop and manage relationships with New York City’s business and technology sectors. The role requires understanding these companies’ workforce needs and their philanthropic interests as well as developing systems to organize and track these relationships. The work also includes building relationships with schools and CS education programs in order to have a solid understanding of the work to expand CS education across the city, and to facilitate engagement between industry and education in a wide range of ways including an annual CS Opportunity Fair, monthly meetups, etc. The Director of Industry Partnerships should also cultivate companies’ interest in financial support of CS education in NYC.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Engaging employers, schools and other stakeholders to develop sustainable partnerships that improve outcomes for young people
- Developing and managing a database of employers and maintaining regular communication through appropriate channels
- Overseeing internship intermediary work with city and other nonprofit partners
- Managing relationships with district and school teams focused on Career and - - Technical Education (CTE) and work-based learning
- Creating options for employee engagement
- Organizing events to engage industry (site visits to schools, workshops, socials)
- Organizing annual CS Opportunity Fair for local high school students with 100+ local tech companies and Universities
- Cultivating CSNYC Founding Partners (annual memberships) to support CSNYC’s annual operating budget raising between $300,000 and $500,000 annually
- Participating in various city advisory groups (NYC Department of Education, Tech - Talent Pipeline) focused on technology pathways for youth
- Assisting with the development and management of CSNYC Young Executive Board
- A passion for and knowledge of K-12 and computer science education
- Experience or familiarity with local technology industry
- Knowledge of and familiarity with industry engagement in public programs, employee engagement activities, volunteering
- At least 5 years of work experience with a track record of taking initiative and achieving high-quality results
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Engaging personality capable of energizing partners about CSNYC’s mission and programs
- Impeccable organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to develop opportunities that appeal to the varied interests of companies
- Ability to work efficiently, intensely, and within an entrepreneurial environment
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to Michael Preston: firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31, 2016
Help us keep GoodJobs up-to-date. Contact us if it looks like this job is no longer accepting applications.