Program Manager and Web Designer
Posted June 13
Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) is a bipartisan, nonprofit policy research organization dedicated to providing strategic insights and policy solutions to help decision-makers chart a course toward a better world.
The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) is a non-profit, bipartisan public policy organization established in 1962 to provide strategic insights and practical policy solutions to decision makers concerned with global security and prosperity. Over the years, it has grown to be one of the largest organizations of its kind, with a staff of some 200 employees, including more than 120 analysts working to address the changing dynamics of international security across the globe.
The Ideas Lab, the creative and web production department at CSIS, is looking for an energetic and organized Program Manager and Web Designer to start immediately. The successful candidate will be a team player, possess excellent communication and project management skills, have strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and innovative web development environment while meeting tight deadlines. Additionally, the candidate will have strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for design and collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and manage project processes, timelines, and goals
- Work closely with Managing Director, Director of Technology, and other senior department staff to manage day-to-day operations and administrative support
- Support senior department staff, including through logistics, scheduling, and communication and collaboration with other CSIS programs and operations
- Recruit and supervise program interns
- Draft department correspondence, MOUs, and other official agreements.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, standards, and project development processes
- Work with department staff on interactive graphics, motion graphics, standalone websites and special webpages
- Conceptualize original ideas to complex datasets and research
- Develop and execute all visual design stages from conception to completion in close collaboration with department staff and program partners
- Research and identify interaction design and technology trends
- Other duties as needed
- Create wireframes as well as visual design comps for websites with cross-platform requirements;
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
- A./B.S in relevant field
- Minimum two years project management/administrative experience
- Excellent web and graphic design skills
- Strong interest and capability in the design and development of engaging user experiences, including creative solutions to problems
- Strong interest in global affairs and public policy
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently, in a team, and closely with a range of individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, including the ability to prioritize, track, and accomplish multiple tasks simultaneously in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from program partners and senior experts
- Sound judgement, maturity, and discretion
- Experience with user interface design patterns, standard UCD methodologies, and common UX challenges
- Understanding of the latest standards of HTML and CSS
- Strong attention to detail, initiative, and follow through skills
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK CONDITIONS:
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee working in an office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, résumé, link to a portfolio, and contact information for two professional references at https://csiscareers.silkroad.com
Help us keep GoodJobs up-to-date. Contact us if it looks like this job is no longer accepting applications.