Posted May 27
CommonBond is building the leading values-driven, customer-centric financial services company.
CommonBond is building the leading values-driven, customer-centric financial services company and is looking for people who want to help our company grow. Our mission starts by tackling the broken student lending market and changing the way people think about student loans. We accomplish this with lower interest rates for our borrowers, a state-of-the art technology platform, and high-touch customer service. Additionally, our 1-for-1 model is the first of its kind in financial services: for every degree fully funded on the CommonBond platform, we fund the education of a child in need for a full year through a partnership with Pencils of Promise. We are backed by great investors, have a killer team, and are growing rapidly!
Special Projects will play a critical role in scaling the company by working on a variety of initiatives across teams. In terms of your background, you may come from several different places. You may have a background in consulting, corporate strategy, corporate development, or a management role at a startup. You will thrive in a role where you can identify opportunities to grow the company both from an internal and external perspective. You love strategizing, planning, and executing. You are both a thinker and a do-er, are an exceptional communicator, extremely detail oriented, and have a relentless, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude.
CommonBond is a fast-paced, exciting environment where new opportunities emerge every day. You join a growing team at an innovative company that is on the cusp of scale, and you will be a core reason the company scales.
As a member of the Special Projects team, you will be responsible for taking ownership of various projects and initiatives across the company. Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with CEO and COO to identify high value projects that drive improvement in business performance, covering current operations as well as growth opportunities as the company scales
- Designing and executing implementation of these projects, staying accountable to improvements in business performance by delivering on the project objectives
- Advising executive team on key business initiatives, leveraging expert understanding of CommonBond’s key business metrics and their underlying drivers
- Exceptional communication skills – you are confident, well-spoken, outgoing, and professional
- Proactive – you don’t wait for people to come to you, you identify opportunities as well as issues and proactively go after / solve them
- Organized and Detail Oriented – you can juggle multiple priorities at the same time and never let the ball drop
- Fast learner – you will engrain yourself in the team you are working with to understand their goals, responsibilities, processes, and issues to make and execute on sound recommendations
- Roll-up-your-sleeves mentality – we’re a small team, everyone including our executive team gets their hands dirty to get stuff done
- Professional but not stuffy – we’re sharp and competent but also fun
- Team player – you want to be relied upon and you understand how others make your goals achievable
- Sense of urgency – you want to “go, move, make things happen, and shake things up!”
- Nimble – able to handle changing tasks and priorities and adapt quickly
- 5-10 years of experience in consulting, corporate strategy, corporate development, or management at a startup
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
How to Apply
Help us keep GoodJobs up-to-date. Contact us if it looks like this job is no longer accepting applications.