Posted May 01
CommonBond is building the leading values-driven, customer-centric financial services company.
CommonBond is building the leading values-driven, customer-centric financial services company and is looking for people who want to help our company grow. Our mission starts by tackling the broken student lending market and changing the way people think about student loans. We accomplish this with lower interest rates for our borrowers, a state-of-the art technology platform, and high-touch customer service. Additionally, our 1-for-1 model is the first of its kind in financial services: for every degree fully funded on the CommonBond platform, we fund the education of a child in need for a full year through a partnership with Pencils of Promise. We are backed by great investors, have a killer team, and are growing rapidly!
As a key member of the product team, you will sit at the center of the business and work intimately with all teams: marketing to understand acquisition behavior and support growth; operations to understand and improve the user experience; and our design and development team to actually deliver technology.
In terms of your background, you may come from several different places. The common thread is that you are analytical, well-organized, and above all you deliver. By deliver, we mean you are conscientious about doing what you say you will do and are committed to doing your part to help us all meet our collective goals. We all rely heavily on each other, and to be successful we will all trust that you will deliver, just as you will trust your teammates here.
CommonBond is a fast-paced, exciting environment where new opportunities emerge every day, The Product Manager will be an early hire on a growing team at an innovative company that is on the cusp of scale. You will be a core reason the company scales. You will pick up on our relatively short, but powerful heritage of building awesome products and you will take us to the next level.
- Coordinate with internal project stakeholders from marketing, operations, community and senior management to understand what needs to be built, including success metrics for projects you’re working on
- Obtain and analyze data to inform project planning and delivery. This often includes conducting user testing and focus groups, as well as analyzing internally generated data
- Establish product delivery timelines in close collaboration with the development team
- Work with designers and developers to get project requirements well scoped and designed
- Project manage development team to hit targets and sprint milestones
- Collect, aggregate, and draw insights from product performance data (using in-house and third party data providers and visualization software)
- Test and QA - nothing gets released without your final say
- Keep stakeholders updated on project process and trade offs on increasing/decreasing project scope
- Extremely organized and delivery oriented – you’re not satisfied until a job is complete
- Data driven – you love a debate, but always want to see what the data says before determining a winner
- Ability to prioritize ruthlessly – you want to get everything done, but also know how to deliver the most value
- Strong sense of service to our customers – everything you do is with them in mind
- Experience in financial services is great, but more important is your ability to learn fast
- Team player – you want to be relied upon and you understand how others make your goals achievable
- Sense of urgency – you want to “go, move, make things happen, and shake things up!”
- Nimble – able to handle changing tasks and priorities and adapt quickly
- Programming experience a plus but not required
- An eye for design and UX is a big plus
- Supreme ability to organize yourself and your tasks, and to manage your time
- Strong attention to detail
- 3-5 years of product management experience, ideally with a consumer-facing website
- Experience with optimizing funnel conversion
- Bachelor’s degree and an objectively strong academic record
How to Apply
Help us keep GoodJobs up-to-date. Contact us if it looks like this job is no longer accepting applications.