Posted May 15
CommonBond is building the leading values-driven, customer-centric financial services company.
CommonBond is building the leading values-driven, customer-centric financial services company and is looking for people who want to help our company grow. Our mission starts by tackling the broken student lending market and changing the way people think about student loans. We accomplish this with lower interest rates for our borrowers, a state-of-the art technology platform, and high-touch customer service. Additionally, our 1-for-1 model is the first of its kind in financial services: for every degree fully funded on the CommonBond platform, we fund the education of a child in need for a full year through a partnership with Pencils of Promise. We are backed by great investors, have a killer team, and are growing rapidly!
Creating a robust tech-powered organization is essential to our success. In joining our Software Engineering team, you can expect to have ownership over building new products, solving for challenges we face as a company, creating products that help people, and supporting an incredible social mission.
In terms of technology, we are utilizing a fully Restful SOA based architecture in Java, allowing our internal and external clients to consume an API that is extensible, fast and maintainable. We believe in service oriented architecture and consistently think on those terms.
We are seeking a highly talented Full Stack Engineer with entrepreneurial instincts, a strong sense of product, and a desire to build something from the ground up. This person will have the opportunity to impact all levels of our technology development as well as the broader team as we grow.
We prefer the candidate work alongside the team in our NYC HQ but we are open to remote applicants as well.
- Collaborate in designing, architecting, building, testing, and maintaining world-class web application and data management software on all layers of development
- Work across product, marketing, legal, business development, and operations teams to build and improve our core products while designing and building out a technical infrastructure capable of supporting a rapidly expanding organization
- Test site layouts to optimize conversion across different sources of traffic
- Develop techniques and analytical procedures to test and monitor user engagement and marketing effect
- Anticipate the user experience and contribute to entire product development process, including spec development and QA
- Strong theoretical background
- 3-7 years of experience working, preferably at a blue chip software company and/or a startup
- Significant experience working in database design, front-end development, and application-level business logic development
- Familiarity with Java, PHP, or a similar enterprise-class scripting language a plus
- Experience with Java, Elasticsearch, Redis, MYSQL, Protocol Buffers
- Passionate about our mission to make students’ lives easier and disrupt finance in the process
- Excellent eye for design
- Ability to work in a complex environment and prioritize among competing demands
- Desire to collaborate with an extraordinary team and to be part of true innovation
How to Apply
Help us keep GoodJobs up-to-date. Contact us if it looks like this job is no longer accepting applications.