Posted May 15
We’re a nonprofit on a mission to bring clean drinking water to every person on the planet.
- Build and maintain our portfolio of products which include:
- Our online donation and fundraising platform.
- A dashboard that tracks and manages data transmitted from
- sensors installed on our water projects in the field.
- Systems that enable our Water Programs team to manage projects from the grant phase through physical implementation.
- Systems that manage and visualize impact data from our water projects.
- Integrate user-facing Web applications into back-end office systems and processes.
- Participate in regular design and code reviews.
- Experience doing full-stack Web application development using Ruby on Rails, Sinatra, and friends.
- Experience with MySQL or Postgres databases, caching with Memcache or Redis.
- Disciplined approach to test-driven development.
- Agile approach to software development and maintenance cycles.
- Experience integrating with internal and third-party APIs (REST API design is a plus).
- Experience with A/B testing and metrics-driven decision making.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
You’re agile and pragmatic You like getting things done, are disciplined about time management, and consider yourself a remover of obstacles.
You’re passionate about building products You enjoy nothing more than turning ideas into working code and a fulfilling user experience.
You can find the root cause of problems You enjoy not just addressing the immediate issue, but tracking down and resolving the underlying source of the problem.
You’re self-motivated You see something that can be improved, and you don’t wait for permission to fix it. You have a strong desire to make charitywater.org a world-class fundraising experience.
You hold your weight on a small team that handles a lot We’re a small and efficient staff; because of our size, every person plays an essential role in the organization.
You communicate well You can articulate issues to team members and clearly convey how your solutions will work to address the issues we face.
How to Apply
Help us keep GoodJobs up-to-date. Contact us if it looks like this job is no longer accepting applications.