Front End Engineer
Posted June 25
CareMessage uses technology to address challenges for society's most vulnerable populations.
We are looking for full-time front end web developer to help build next generation web applications that streamlines care management and allows interactive mobile programs to improve health outcomes. As a Front End Software Engineer at CareMessage, you will specialize in building responsive and elegant web applications that scale to millions of users in multiple languages. You’ll be working on exciting projects like optimizing user experience, improving and building new integrations with existing APIs and building our customer analytics code . Our team believes in an Agile development environment, test driven development. Our front end architecture is based on AngularJS, and we place an emphasis on open collaboration and ownership. When something isn’t working, we’re not afraid to throw it out and try something new - so if you have exciting ideas about the dev process and how to make your own job even easier, you’ll fit right in. We’re remote first! All of our developers and QA engineers are working from a remote location
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation.
- Apply scalable application fundamental design principles as needed.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Write unit, functional, and integration tests
- Collaborate with engineering, QA, and product team members
- Be responsible for leading product features from concept to implementation to deployment
- Experience with Continuous Integration and automated testing strategies.
- Familiarity with important concepts including MVC, Mocking, and RESTful
- Passionate about improving the dev process and recognize the value of an awesome company culture
- Familiarity with Healthcare industry and Enterprise level application development.
- Familiarity with development aiding tools, such as Bower, Bundler, or Rake.
- Must be a self-starter and have been able to learn things on their own.
- Be willing to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them
- Be open to giving and receiving feedback
CareMessage is a high-growth startup using our mobile SaaS platform to improve the health and wellness of millions of underserved patients.
When you think about big opportunities in healthcare IT, few people will argue that chronic disease prevention and management are ripe for disruption and a massive opportunity. The number of affected lives is mind-numbingly large, and the dollars are too. This is particularly true for patients that are low income and underserved. In fact, being low income is a significant predictor of low health literacy and poor self-management skills, with patients below the poverty level constituting 43% of the health illiterate and a majority of the poorly managed. With the implementation of the state and federal exchanges and an influx of individuals through the expansion of Medicaid into the health care ecosystem, payers and providers are struggling to serve this increase in low to modest income population with limited resources. This necessitates innovative approaches to facilitate health care delivery and promote self-management in light of increasing demand for healthcare services.
In order to succeed in solving this massive problem, you have to be highly innovative, highly available, and uniquely tailored to the key use cases of the complex healthcare industry. It takes years of intense focus, strong financial backing, and a great product in order to deliver a winning solution. We believe CareMessage (www.caremessage.org) has done all of these things and is positioned to be a breakout company in this exciting category.
CareMessage is a unique, fast growth (1,000%+ CAGR) SaaS not-for-profit health technology company dedicated to improving healthcare outcomes for underserved patient populations in the United States (and some day, globally). CareMessage’s technology acts as a bridge between the patient/caregiver and the healthcare organization, typically a hospital, clinic or health plan. For the healthcare organization, CareMessage’s cloud-based dashboard enables staff members to automate various kinds of interventions for individual and groups of patients. The patient/caregiver receives targeted alerts, reminders and notifications through text and voice messaging.
Over the last year, the Company has been tripled in size, quadrupled its total customer base and achieved significant revenue growth (including partnering with some of the largest health systems and health plans in the country). This is exciting times at CareMessage as we embark on the journey to make a huge impact with unprecedented growth.
The Company employs ~30 people and is based in San Francisco, CA.
How to Apply
Help us keep GoodJobs up-to-date. Contact us if it looks like this job is no longer accepting applications.