User Experience Designer
Posted June 20
We help nonprofit and social enterprise organizations that serve good causes accomplish great things on the Internet.
Are you passionate about designing intuitive, user-centric digital experiences? At Beaconfire RED UX Designers create innovative yet practical solutions that exceed our clients’ expectations in a fast-paced consulting environment.
UX Designer Responsibilities:
- Plan and execute discovery activities to define project goals and audiences.
- Create task flows, information architecture, storyboards, concept diagrams, UI sketches, and other design artifacts.
- Conduct user research including focus groups, interviews, and surveys.
- Present to project team and client, a vision that establishes the direction for a project.
- Collaborate daily with Project Managers, Marketing Consultants, Front End Developers and/or Tech Leads
- 3 to 5+ years’ experience in user experience design.
- An undeniable passion for creating great user interfaces that solve real user problems;
- Solid understanding of user experience principles and methodologies.
- A strong portfolio that showcases information architecture, interaction design, information design, visual design, and/or mobile design skills
- Excellent knowledge of design tools like Adobe Creative Suite, Axure, InVision, etc. Ability to quickly create prototypes in HTML or tools like Axure is also highly desirable;
- Strong communication & presentation skills.
- Creative problem solver
- Ability to work effectively on teams
- Experience in a consulting firm or agency environment (desired, but not required)
Highly Desired Skills:
- Skilled communicator who can tailor a message to a specific audience and purpose, such as walking developers through the details of a proposed design or delivering an executive summary
- Adapts quickly and effectively to changing requirements
- Familiarity with atomic design principles and component-based design
All applicants: Please include a link to work samples (e.g., sketches, research documents, wireframes) so we can better understand your process, see success’ and failures, and review design artifacts.
About Beaconfire RED
We help nonprofit and social enterprise organizations that serve good causes accomplish great things on the Internet. We design and build websites and craft online campaigns that make people care and act.
Our clients include leading organizations such as the ALS Association, Truth Initiative, Human Rights Watch, the Ocean Conservancy and the Ad Council.
Beaconfire RED is a small, privately-held company made up of curious and creative people who want to serve the nonprofit community and live fulfilled personal lives while we do it. We are technologists, strategists, and marketers who like to collaborate, innovate, and help our clients achieve measurable results by using technology in smart and interesting ways. And, if you ask our staff what they like best about working at Beaconfire RED, they’ll tell you it’s the people they work with! Go ahead, ask…
Why Work at Beaconfire RED?
- Competitive salaries + Profit Sharing + “Torchies” quarterly bonus program
- Work-life balance (really!) + Casual work environment
- Health insurance - Medical, Dental & Vision
- 401k and company match
- Annual professional development budget
- Monthly staff events
- Onsite gym
- You’re working on projects for clients who are making a positive difference in the world.
How to Apply: Point us to your portfolio along with your resume and salary requirements, and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
- This position is full time at our Washington DC Metro Area office. No relocation budget available.
- This position requires occasional travel throughout the US, primarily in thenortheastern corridor.
- Candidates must be legally able to work in the United States and maintain proper work authorization throughout employment with Beaconfire RED.
- Candidates must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job presented in a typical office environment.
- Beaconfire RED offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and excellent benefits.
- Beaconfire RED is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
How to Apply
Help us keep GoodJobs up-to-date. Contact us if it looks like this job is no longer accepting applications.