Posted May 16
The Atlantic is a digital-first media company with over 150 years of history and 30 million online visitors a month.
We are looking for a talented and knowledgeable DevOps engineer who is passionate about infrastructure and automation. We’re looking for a fast learner who can figure things out independently and show us a better way of continuously deploying complex systems to the web. The DevOps engineer would also work with the corporate IT team as we move to automate server provisioning and configuration management using Puppet.
Our sites run on a high availability virtualized Linux-based infrastructure. The ideal candidate would have:
- Experience deploying high volume Python applications; knowledge of Nginx and uWSGI configuration is a definite plus
- Familiarity with automation tools such as Puppet and Ansible
- Deep knowledge of Linux internals, tuning, and troubleshooting
- Experience mitigating and preventing DDOS and other attacks
- Familiarity with Git and version control
- Good Python coding skills
As a plus:
- Previous work with RedHat / CentOS systems and RPM packages
- Familiarity with monitoring solutions such as Nagios
- Knowledge of clustering strategies and solutions
- Experience with migration from MySQL to PostgreSQL
These lists above are not inclusive or exclusive: we do a lot of things on the product team and value people who are able to adapt quickly. If the above does not describe you perfectly please get in touch anyway.
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
Force of Intellect - Atlantic Media seeks a discipline and rigor of thought as manifested, often, in exceptional academic performance and, later, success in a professional environment.
Spirit of Generosity - Equally, Atlantic Media seeks what we term a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition towards service and selfless conduct.
How to Apply
Help us keep GoodJobs up-to-date. Contact us if it looks like this job is no longer accepting applications.