Experience Design Manager
Posted June 01
Ashoka works to create a world where everyone is a changemaker i.e. a world where everyone has the agency and skills to make a positive change in their families or communities.
Ashoka Changemakers is looking for a fast paced creative individual to manage projects and introduce innovative processes in a high performance, social entrepreneurial environment. The Experience Design Manager will have a love for beautiful marketing work and will be responsible for managing and defining detailed project plans for complex movement-igniting campaigns. This includes driving internal as well as external stakeholders to ensure all creative executions are managed and completed appropriately.
- Have a sense of ownership/leadership. With multi-faceted, compartmentalized teams and/or skill sets, the Experience Design Manager needs to be the one person to bring everything together and take responsibility for the work’s success. This also requires tenacity, determination, and confidence—all essential traits in a project manager.
- Appreciation for beautiful marketing work. You deeply know the value of a wonderful marketing experience to people, which is why you’ll drive consistent quality.
- Sense-making and critical thinking. You’re able to know what informs what, and bring clarity to ambiguity.
- Work collaboratively. You will be responsible for fusing the work skills and styles of individuals into a team focused on project tasks and goals, rather than their individual role in the project’s success.
- Creative Problem Solver. When faced with difficulties, the Experience Design Manager needs to guide the team to make adjustments or changes with all of the pieces in perspective. Be creative, analytical, and tactical.
- Be firm but fair. Push back when scope creeps or suggested budgets are not realistic while understanding the constraints of the engagement. Be prepared and able to defend Ashoka’s position and budget constraints, internally and externally.
- Air-traffic controller. Because the Experience Design Manager needs to balance the details and the big picture, they need to have creative problem-solving skills, as well as a head for numbers and schedules.
- Writing and design understanding. The Experience Design Manager does not need to be an award-winning writer or designer, but they need to have an understanding of all of the roles in the process, particularly those most related to the skills of the core team.
- Be able to facilitate. Leading meetings, negotiating conflicts, building teams and group dynamics, and enabling creative thought processes—all of which are necessary for a strong project manager and team leader.
Successful candidates will possess most of the following skills and experiences:
- Ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of project management experience, including a track record of effectively delivering projects in a fast-moving environment.
- Design, creative, or marketing agency experience required.
- Experience with vendor management a plus.
- Hands on experience working in a project management system to manage workflow. Proficient in MSOffice suite and Google Apps. Adobe Creative Suite experience a bonus.
- Strong intellectual curiosity, entrepreneurial spirit, and demonstrated commitment to social change
- Manage multiple work streams for various types of creative projects within various engagements (e.g., website development, design work, content strategy, articles, etc.) to agreed scope, timings, budget, and quality.
- Work with internal teams to help define project scope, resource requirements, and cost estimates for projects.
- Produce and institutionalize visual process flows for Changemaker teams to clearly understand.
- Be the hub of communication for the project – in regular contact with internal and external stakeholders engaged in delivering our work.
- Work with our engagement partners’ (e.g. national and global foundations and socially-innovative companies) communications teams to jointly scope, manage, and deliver campaigns when appropriate.
- At the start of an engagement, analyze the areas that could potentially throw the delivery off track, log risks, create a mitigation plan, and actively mitigate against them.
- Be on top of projects and know the status of timings, key milestones, budgets, resourcing etc. at all times.
- Partner with marketing leadership to prioritize projects and determine appropriate resources to staff.
- Assign, schedule, and oversee progress on assigned projects.
- Proactively obtains, track, and routes materials, proofs, and approvals for all assigned projects.
Candidates will be evaluated by Tucker Wannamaker, Director of Experience Design, for Ashoka Changemakers.
How to Apply
Help us keep GoodJobs up-to-date. Contact us if it looks like this job is no longer accepting applications.