Technical Program Manager
Posted June 10
AltSchool is a collaborative community of micro-schools that uses outstanding teachers, deep research, and innovative tools to offer a personalized, whole child learning experience for the next generation.
Jobs at AltSchool
All AltSchool employees share a passion for enabling children to reach their full potential through a personalized education based on their individual interests and talents. This informs what we do everyday, whether it’s building innovative new technological tools for the classroom, connecting with communities of parents and students to learn how we can meet their needs, or recruiting the best talent for our team.
If you feel driven to create transformative educational experiences that will prepare children for 2030 and beyond, please take a look at our jobs below and apply for an open position today.
AltSchool is reimagining K-8 education from the ground up. Our world-class team of educators, entrepreneurs, and technologists is working together to build a network of micro-schools that offers a new kind of school experience. We’re dedicated to creating and providing a child-centered, personalized experience that leverages local experiential learning opportunities. AltSchool’s mission is to enable all children to reach their full potential, preparing students for the world in 2030 and beyond. AltSchool is a public benefit corporation and a Certified BCorporation which requires us to meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency.
The Product, Engineering, and Design (PED) team is made up of a group of talented individuals working to craft a 21st century operating system to power the AltSchool personalized learning model. Our suite of software applications and hardware tools must serve four distinct user groups - students, teachers, parents, and the AltSchool Operations team - yet work together as a seamlessly integrated whole. The unique challenges that we face in this endeavor create opportunities to flex your creative and analytical skills on a variety of different products, such as our student activity playlist, teacher workflow dashboard, parent app. A user-driven approach guides our product design strategies, so we encourage members of PED to interact closely with our user-groups in a variety of ways, including regular classroom visits and our PED-Educator Buddy Program.
Our Technical Program Managers are masters of execution and velocity in a fast-paced environment. Technical program managers are essential partners to the PED organization (Product, Engineering, and Design) putting order around a chaotic world. From documenting requirements, to creating execution plans and delivering on time and on budget, we rely on Technical Program Managers to keep us organized.
- Work hand-in-hand with Product Managers, Engineers, and Designers to clarify and document project scope.
- Execute on-time and on-budget. Use creativity, strategy, business acumen and classic project management skills to deliver on time.
- Proactively find and remove roadblocks that interfere with execution before they happen.
- Create and iterate on processes that will keep us running smoothly as we scale quickly.
- 3+ years Technical Program Management experience
- Demonstrated track record of deep technical engagement in your projects
- Experience bringing products to market or delivering technical processes in a fast moving, changing environment with competing priorities
- Exceptional project management and project documentation skills, including experience leading agile projects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment, team player
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science, engineering, or related field
- Desire to innovate in education
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- 401(k) with matching
- Monthly fitness stipend
- Free lunch and snacks
How to Apply
Help us keep GoodJobs up-to-date. Contact us if it looks like this job is no longer accepting applications.