Front End Developer
Posted June 01
We are a creative studio that works with leading charities, companies and social ventures on projects that create a more just, equitable and sustainable world
Projects you could be working on:
Full redesigns for organizations, improving their ability to be effective long term; interactive campaign sites, making the most of individual moments to create change; internal passions projects, and much more.
The successful applicant will have:
- 2+ years experience working in web development both independently and within a team, and demonstrated skills in clearly interpreting a project brief
- Strong skills in HTML5 and CSS, with a respect for good coding standards, familiarity with methods of compiling CSS (e.g. LESS, SASS)
- Familiarity with developing themes for content management systems. WordPress experience is highly desirable.
- Examples of previous projects will help us understand how you code, preferably projects on Git where we can view source code for your front-end work.
- A passion to produce work which best achieves a project’s outcomes, and an eagerness to increase skill level and work hard to achieve the companies goals
- A solid portfolio of development (and, possibly, design) projects
- Bonus points if you have experience with (or even just a demonstrated passion for) campaigning and advocacy work.
- A paid staff retreat every 6–12 months with the Sydney team. (Yes, we’ll fly you to Australia for a full-team trip away).
- 4 weeks paid vacation.
- 10 paid sick days and full health benefits.
- A training budget to be used for courses, conferences, or other things you might be interested in that suit your professional development.
- A transparent workplace culture.
- Developing HTML/CSS for various types of websites, from large organizational platforms to single page rapid-response campaigns.
- Integrating WordPress.
- Rolling out HTML/CSS for a full site, based on several page designs which establish style and a complete set of wireframes.
- Testing and deployment (including broad QA and cross-browser/device compatibility tests).
- Providing input into questions around quoting/scope.
And, depending on level of experience:
- Providing input into digital strategy and user experience, both internally and with clients.
- Working with juniors to build their skills and capacity.
Performance will be measured on:
- The ability to deliver clean, high quality code.
- Clear communication.
- High client satisfaction with the final product.
Timeline and Salary
The role is full time, and we are looking for someone to start as soon as possible so early applications are appreciated and we may accept someone before the deadline. Salary will be based upon applicant’s experience and their suitability for the role.
How to Apply
APPLICATIONS CLOSE JUNE 17, 2016
Help us keep GoodJobs up-to-date. Contact us if it looks like this job is no longer accepting applications.